Thursday, November 24, 2011

First DIY and I'm 50!

Bonjour :)
I am very excited to tell you that my blog has crossed the '50' landmark. Actually it's 60 and I'm late but still, yippee :D I want to thank all my lovely followers who have inspired me to stay connected and display my style to the best! Thank you :-*


Now, the 2nd reason to celebrate is that today, I'm gonna post my first DIY ( Do it yourself). This post has been lingering on for a while but not now. I will show you How to Fish-tail Braid.
I am sharing this post with one of my awesomest follower Frills & Thrills by Sam. I did a guest post for her. Isn't her blog amazing? I love it!


So lets get started <3
Make sure your hair is not in layers ( like me) and if they are then they should be of a considerable length.
You need : 2 rubber bands, comb and some fun tic-tacs.



1. For beginners, I'd recommend a side pony tail. Tie it tightly.





2. Divide and hold your hair into two equal parts, say A and B.


3. Now this step is crucial. Take a thin strand of your hair from the end of one of the halves, say A.
4. Move it to the other half of hair, i.e. B and make it tight.
 5. Now, take a thin strand of your hair from the end of the other half, B.
6. Take it to the first half, A.
You have your first Fish tail cross!




7. Similarly, take a thin strand of your hair from A move it to B.
8. Also, take a thin strand of your hair from B, move it to A.






Repeat the above steps till you reach the bottom of your hair.








Voila. Your cute Fish-tail braid is ready :)


You can decorate your hair with tic-tacs or cute rubber-bands
  

You have seen this picture in my post Black and Braid

I prefer a casual braid. If you want a firm and more elegant one then just make a space; a hole, in your hair: from the place where you started braiding. Take your braid from outside and then inside the hole. It would be tighter! Also, you could apply some hair spray to settle down small hair.

I hope you liked my First DIY. Suggestions to improve this post are most welcome.

I want to thank Sam for letting me do a guest post in her fabulous blog. <3

Keep visiting for more DIY nail tutorials :)
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook. You would find a like tab at the starting of the page left. I'd love to follow you there too :) Thank you <3

Until then
Be  stylish, Be You!

xoxo
Akanksha