Monday, February 6, 2012

The Big Fat Indian Wedding!- Part I

Ting-a-ling-ling.... Ting-ling-ling-... Nachdi Firuuu Nachdi Firu

I'm a gone case!! :P
For all those who don't understand hindi/punjabi/random lyrical sounds in hindi.. Not to worry.. I don't want many people saying what I called myself, above ;)
So.. As many of you might I've known about a wedding that I attended recently!! yes.. I Attended it.. N it was not my wedding :P Long time babyyyyyyyyyy ;)

Anyways.. so it was my First Cousin's wedding with a girl who is also in our family! een een.. She is a distant relative.. don't call them Sis-Bro!! Yes this is the beauty of Punjabi weddings... <3
Talking about Punjabi; I had lots of fun as it was the FIRST wedding that I attended from Morning To the next morning.. I will tell you why it was a 24 hour affair :) Meanwhile enjoy the pictures and my chattering in between!!!

I had put this in My Facebook page too :D

This is what I wore at the wedding!! The color- Electric blue gave me such good vibes.. woahh.. n fetched me compliments too ;)


Did this Nail-Art in hurry.. Had no time.. But still it came out good, right?? N oh yeahh.. You are seeing Heena on my Hand again!! I love Mehendi.. I'll tell you how to pronounce it.. 
Me- as in 'Met'
Hen- 'hen' the bird
di- 'December'
 Got it??? Now say it aloud.. U have learnt one colorful word.. :) Now see the design.

This picture was taken 2 days before the wedding day.. That is why it is so light. It takes 1-2 days to get the darkest color! :)



Just the lehenga!
 I couldn't even hold it properly! Let alone walk in it!!! I hold it from one side, it slips from another.. hold it from 2 sides and it slips from two other... God.. Phew!!! :P


How I love These Bangles.. Love the color and everything!!!!!!!!!!!


Di/Sis said I look golu-molu (cute) in this.. is it?? So I'm posting it here for you to decide! :D


My Danglers!!

And now you see me Dancing.. If you don't know.. I LOVE TO DANCE.. It's like.. After Engineering.. and if Interior designing happens.. I'd love to dance for the rest of my life!! :) Dat's why I said in my previous posts, sis and me danced from morning till night!!




Now, why the wedding happens in the morning? Cos our elders believe that there is some bad energy after 12am.. So the main wedding rituals (pherre) happen in the morning.. say early!!

And this is the Last and my Favorite picture :)



So did you like The Big Fat Indian Wedding?? And the pictures??? And me?? :P ( I know I use too many smileys.. Can't control guys!)

Did you like the Lehenga..???
So many pictures still coming up!! Sis says.. there are around 4000 pictures in total.. Woahhh!!! I can't show them all ofcourse.. These were the ones clicked by my mobile.. Reception pictures are still left.. So stay tuned for more fun :)

And don't forget to take part in my Blog Sale.

Before I sign-off. I wanna ask.. what are your plans for V-day??? I'm not sure about mine yet.. But will tell soon..And also, I'll be putting a DIY Valentine's Day Nails just for you.. Before 14th.. So keep coming :)
And as Promised.. I will also announce my first contest on Facebook soon..

Isn't this a happyyyyyy post??

Until then
Keep smiling.. :)

xoxo
Akanksha