Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Big Fat Indian Wedding!- Part II

Happy Sunday Friends :)
How is the weekend treating you? Mine is going good but have to study so sorry for lack of good posts! One of my gorgeous followers suggested that I continue with my happy-life-love and all the candid posts :D like the one here and here...
So shall I make it a point to publish a happy-happy post once a week?? Which day would you suggest? :)


Now, I'd like to thank Linda from The Style Moodboard from for holding such a fabulous giveaway- I won an Ellen Tracy Tee!! Yippee and just received the package. It is beautiful :)

Moving on, this is the 2nd part of the Big Fat Indian Wedding I attended.. If you haven't seen the first, then you can see it here :)

These pictures were taken on the day of a function called 'Gharoli'. It is a tradition where the 'Bhabhi', Wife of the Groom's Brother, goes to a gurudwara/mandir/temple and fetches holy water and keeps it in a pot placed on her head! Well of course, the weight is there that's why we gave her a small pot :D The groom later on has to first bathe with this water.
 Hope you like the pictures <3



 Here you will see me dancing.. We danced all the way to temple and back home!! It was so much fun!! :D



Here you can see my younger brother! :)

Wearing:
Suit- Meena Bazaar
Golden Big Cuff: Fashion and You
Bracelet/Bangles: BG's
Headband: Stolen
Mobile Case: Stilettos


Next up, this is merely a better version of the First part.. The earlier pictures were being taken by my mobile.. These are the Photographer's pick.

 




Here, I'm feeding a Horse with some Dal/Pulses. This is one of the many traditions where the sister of the Groom does the same in order to set the horse for a long-day journey!-That's what I think :P




Wearing:
Electric Blue Lehenga, Bangles, Danglers and Stilettos : Lajpat Nagar

Do you like the pictures?? :)

If you are a member on Facebook then you'd know that I'll be holding a contest in March. Also, I'll be giving 2 awards, one on Facebook and other here in my blog. So to know more about that and to participate, please like my Facebook page. And I'd love if you follow me via Bloglovin too. Make me happy :)

And don't forget to check out  My First Blog Sale!! A member is interested in buying the jeans for a lesser price. If anyone buys it at a higher price before the End of February, then it can be yours :)

Until then
Check out for the next post! It would be the first of it's kind :)

xoxo
Akanksha